Friday, September 14, 2007

My used chair just broke. The metal plate that sits under the chair snapped in half... kinda jagged-like. That will teach Michael to buy a used office chair that looks like it's from the 70's. Fortunately, it seems to still be usable, the mechanism that keeps me from spilling out when I lean back is still working so it's safe (I think).

The first week of my school activities is now over. I taught 4 sections of sight singing and they all went pretty well. I found things went slower in the smaller sections because I was able to tailor to their specific needs/weaknesses. At the same time, I shouldn't let them fall further behind on that account, but really, the difference is tiny, my classes are all fairly strong. Since some of the sections are only 2 people, I'm going to try to combine them so that a) there are more people in one class, so they are more comfortable and we can sing full chorales and 2) I might be able to find a way out of waking up three days a week for 9:30 am... that would be nice!
Today was a fairly full day. I taught at 9:30, then listened to some cd's in the library, then watched a short opera over the lunch hour, then taught another section at 1:30 and then had my own electroacoustic music class at 2:30. It's still a little bit overwhelming how early on I am in the learning curve of the electronic music studio. SO much to learn, I'm excited!
My goal for this weekend is to get my dance film soundtrack rough draft done. If I had been on the ball, I probably could have finished it tonight, but that's not looking likely at this point, unless I want to keep neighbours up late with accordion noise. I should, however, be able to get a little bit done tonight, so I leave you my friends.
Toodles for now.

No comments: