Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ballet piano is over for another while. The day was quite long - just after 8am until about 4:45ish, most of that sitting on a wooden chair which slanted backwards = bad for back in general, and super bad for any kind of decent piano posture. Nevertheless, I'm not terribly achy.
It was nice to be treated about on par with the examiner - we were both caffeinated and watered at breaks, fed at lunch and generally pampered.
Everything went well. There were no major catastrophes - at least none that I was responsible for. A few little girls seemed to have completely forgotten just about everything they were supposed to do for the exam, but that just happens sometimes (and from my view, it's delightfully cute and/or hilarious).
The most important part for me, is that I can now afford my plans for reading week (Toronto and Montreal)!

Oooh, in exactly 24 hours, I will be handing over and presenting my piece to my Piano Trio ensemble and answering any questions they might have so that I can officially release the reigns. I got a nice chunk of the work done yesterday and I will still get a lot done tonight. I will ignore the fact that this was supposed to be done for Friday, and I'll just feel good about my progress and accomplishment.

I'm not excited about having to, yet again, wake up early tomorrow to teach. That will be a 4 day stint of early mornings (Thurs-Mon), almost like I was in the working world... completely unacceptable! Luckily, I have no plans for Tuesday other than a whole lot of sleeping, haha!

Tomorrow is my Sister's One Year wedding anniversary, which means that one year ago, I was on a plane from Winnipeg to Las Vegas. I would love to go back... it was a spectacular little vacation.

And there I end my tales of pianism and jollity for the night.

No comments: