Monday, February 04, 2008

In response to Jon,
Thank you for your regular commentary. Perhaps I shouldn't paint such a picture of myself as a lazy unproductive jackass, jackass.
I think my comments are generally slanted with a bit of modesty, but they also give insight into my own creative process. Some people need to lock themselves away with their compositions and they are incredibly productive during that time. That is generally the type of student that profs are used to dealing with, from what I gather. As for myself, I point out the lack of productivity, because that is the most apparent comparison that I can make between myself and others around me. As it happens, the creative process has been running constantly, and it's a series of dry spells between the times that I can pull together that which develops itself sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously, in my head.
Tonight is one of those moments - and perfectly timed. My lesson is tomorrow, so I am pulling everything together tonight as it is finally making sense.
I was starting to get worried that I might not have a completed piece in time, but now I am confident that I will.

In regards to the dog, I forgot to mention the breed....
hold on to your panties....
it's a "Chinese Crested Powder Puff"
that's right, easily the most pathetic name for a breed ever!
I've concluded that it is also the most pathetic dog ever. It cowers constantly at noises it hears, and mostly me. Basically, it doesn't seem like the dog had been properly socialized and therefore has issues with dominance. Anyway, I'm losing patience quickly and quite frankly, I find myself reacting more emotionally than I should to the fact that it fears me.
Animals have odd affects on people, even those who don't overtly desire the acceptance of others, can be hurt by the lack of acceptance by a stupid little son-of-a-bitch!

My lesson is tomorrow, lessons are productive, therefore I will report back tomorrow about how PRODUCTIVE and NOTLAZY I will have been.... Happy Jon?!?

2 comments:

Mai said...

hahahahaha

Jonathan Evans said...

Get those creative juices flowing! And don't kill the poor little puppy.