Friday, February 08, 2008

Thanks to my new diabetic friend reader, K2!
I don't blog nearly enough about my diabetes, so now I have a reason to include some of that on here.
I think my diabetes control has been getting consistently better over the past few years and currently it is pretty darned good. At the same time, stress and general disorganization are reeking occasional havoc. I woke up this morning and my sugar was relatively high, it didn't feel like I had an overnight low, and I was struck with the possible realization that I didn't take my long acting the night before. My sugars should have been higher if I went all night without insulin, but I don't know. Generally, I was unsure as to whether I should take the long acting right away... which I ended up doing. Knowing there was a slight chance I might have double dosed, I made different choices all day, tested more regularly and well- it was an odd day. In the end, I'm sure I didn't take it last night.
This all serves as a reminder to not be stressed and disorganized. Missing my long acting insulin is a bummer, cause the math is difficult to figure out - however many hours late you are... that becomes the overlap where the next day, you will have double your dose. I'm sure I could figure a way to juggle doses so I wouldn't have any extra drug, but that would take over a week... the solution is to run my sugars high tonight, I can calculate just how high or what food will cover the extra 12 units of insulin which will be in my blood overnight.

Rehearsal number one went alright today. My playing was QUITE as bad as I was expecting. As I expected, the teacher didn't seem worried about my playing at all, so that's a good thing. Nevertheless, there are 3 or 4 of the exercises that I absolutely have to just plain practice before the exam on Sunday.
Tomorrow morning, I have rehearsals for the other exams - yuck to 9am on a Saturday morning... Damn Ballet!!!! For the last 4 years, ballet has been the demon that ruins my Saturday mornings.
Tomorrow afternoon, I also have a final lesson with my prof for the Piano Trio - hopefully I will get the final blessing on the piece.

I had been thinking of going to Quebec for Carnival next weekend, but then I would have to miss out on both the Opera at Western and a friend's Short Opera premiere in Toronto. I will stay here and enjoy both of those events, save myself some money, and try and do some low key relaxing and socializing.
The following weekend is the start of Reading Week, and I'll be going to Toronto/Montreal during that time, so I won't be missing out on the travel.
AND with this work I'm doing this weekend, I might actually be able to afford some random fun for reading week!

No comments: