Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

Let me start by saying that I am in London, not Winnipeg.

I am going to the Forks tonight to see the fireworks.

Let me repeat that I am in London, not Winnipeg.

London also has two rivers - the Thames and the North Thames - and they intersect at a place downtown that they call 'The Forks'.
It is smaller, lamer, and far less commercial than Winnipeg's noted landmark.

I think a few of us are going to go for dinner before the fireworks, but plans are slow in the making.

Today was the most social day I've had in a while - I hung out all afternoon with my friend Judy-o going for coffee, liquor mart, and I introduced her to the wonderful world of PDQ Bach.
I have plans that next year, there will be a moderate-to-large scale PDQ Bach concert, hopefully presenting a large, possibly staged opera/cantata/something in addition to solos and duets and whatnot.

No comments: