Thursday, August 07, 2008

It's official, I signed the lease on the awesome new apartment downtown.
The location and rent are better than I ever could have hoped! Both of the apartments were still available so we took a look at the front one with the big windows. A(u)nt fell in love with it. I was not immediately sold on it because the smaller bedroom is only a little larger than the one in which I am currently living. After a short discussion, we agreed that I'd have my workspace out in the common area - right by the beautiful big windows! That means that I will have a slightly larger bedroom to house even less stuff - I'm confident that I will be comfortable with the living arrangements.
The lease starts September first, but the landlord said we can move in as soon as the hydro is in our name - so that should happen in about a week or so!

In other news, I bought a cell phone today. It's a talk-and-pay one from Telus. I wasn't completely sold on any of the plans from any of the companies - All I want is call display and voice mail, but you have to buy an add on for any of the rate plans. The one I got includes both of those and I can keep the number active for only 10 bucks a month. If I find I'm spending enough money on calls to warrant it, I can just switch into a Telus rate plan at any time, without a contract. More than likely, I'll end up doing that in a few months - that way I'll have saved 150$ on the phone, and I won't have to pay the one-time activation fee. I guess it all depends how much I'll be using it.

I'm going to Toronto this weekend to visit my favourite new Torontonian, Chris! I also have meetings with both of my thesis advisers/readers. I'm excited to not have to work or go to church this weekend - yay!

No comments: