Monday, August 04, 2008

Tomorrow at noon - Lease Signing. I'm meeting my roommate for breakfast before that.

This weekend - going to Toronto. Mostly, I'm going to visit my friend who is doing an opera program. I will also be meeting with my second reader for my thesis.

Work makes me somewhat happy - not the actual work, though it isn't terrible, but the state of having work to do. The money aspect of it is important, but there's also the fact that it gives me a schedule - albeit a bad one - which actually helps me to be productive on my writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the apartment!! Very exciting!
I feel the same way about work too. I find I am way more productive when I am very busy and have to make a tight schedule to fit things in - whereas throughout my uni career, I had no job and had tons of time, and didn't do anything. I was most productive this summer, when I hadn't a moment to spare for anything. I learned more, and applied myself more, and got a better grade.
I look forward to this fall when I continue working almost full time, take 9 credit hours of courses, teach flute 3-4 hours a week and continue dancing and going to the gym. It's going to be busy, but I think it's for the better.
I can't wait to see pics of you all moved into your new place!

Michael Park said...

love you Tiffy!
I'm glad to hear it sounds like things are going well for you!