Monday, October 12, 2009

back to Old Skool

I've been using the Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) over the last week. I was hoping it would enlighten me as to what exactly is going on, but not so much. It just presents some of the mysteries more clearly.

I was using an expired sensor, so I shouldn't have expected perfection - it was actually more accurate than one of the sensors I used when I initially tried it- but as usual, I ended up chasing more frustrations than I was solving problems.
ALSO, not having your technology Mac /Apple compatible? NOT COOL Minimed/Medtronic - not cool! What is the point of having the CareLink stuff if I can't use it to analyze my information from this last week.
I'll have to use one of my friends' computers, but that is a terrible inconvenience for me!

I took an injection of Lantus half an hour ago. I took it in the bum (tee hee hee!), and it felt good. I haven't been able to use that area for infusion sets, because you sit on it all day; I forgot what good real-estate it was for injections. Also, the physical act of using a syringe is something I've missed - it felt good.

I can't even explain how excited I am to sleep without my pump - either figuratively or literally naked.

In other news, tonight I went to a delightful late Thanksgiving dinner with some friends from music school. It was hosted by a music theorist who has a columbian husband, so both of those demographics were well represented. It was tons of fun, great food, and good times all around.

No comments: