Friday, October 30, 2009

Post 899?!

Holy moly, I feel bad wasting a post as I get so close to 900, but oh well.

I'm about to make my return to the concert stage tomorrow at noon. Both pieces are well rehearsed and will be pretty awesome at the concert tomorrow. I am not nervous at all, rather, excited!

At the same time, I feel pretty behind on my composition. Last weekend, I worked like a madman, barely leaving the apartment for a few days. After that, I lost motivation for a few days, and I'm struggling to pull it together right now.
I sent the first half of my bassoon piece to the performer - early! In theory, that buys me a few days of leeway with the other half. It is coming, and I know exactly what needs to be done, it's just a matter of doing it.

I'm currently at a crossroads - I should stay up all night writing music, BUT I have to be in top form for the performance tomorrow. I'm going to stay up a little later, but not too much. I will also use my time before and after the performance to get as much done as possible.

In other words, I'm stopping this post NOW so I can get back to work.

I hope to post a recording of tomorrow's concert on here or myspace as soon as it's available.

No comments: