Sunday, November 01, 2009

Post #900

Well, the topic of this post will be none other than procrastination - that thing that results in endless blog entries and motivates efficiency at the last minute.

Unfortunately, it's not a good thing and I need to find a way to dispose of this nuisance. It is present in every part of my life and it is certainly not helping.

I just don't understand why I do it:
I want to finish my compositions quickly so I have more time to edit and improve them.
I want to improve my diabetes control so I live longer, healthier, happier.
I want to lose weight so I look and feel better.

...but I don't act on these wants, at least not right away. It's like I'm addicted to that sense that my actions could lead to something wonderful - Wow, how full of myself can I get?!?!


Lately, blogging can barely be considered on my list of procrastinations, I only do it when I have time and the shorter entries don't take up much time at all.
Knitting has been a favourite pass-time this week or so. I'm currently knitting a lion, I'll post a picture when I'm done. It's quite an involved pattern, so I'm excited for how it will turn out. Uh oh, I'm looking forward to how it's going to turn out... soon I'll start procrastinating against the lion project, haha!

Anyway, dinner is finished baking so I should go eat.
Happy NineHundred to anyone who is currently or has ever followed my blog. I think I'm the only one left, so congratulations me!
Who knows if I'll make it to 1000. I'll probably procrastinate against that...

No comments: