Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making up for the 9th

I realized that I never posted, late or otherwise, on Nov 9th. That was probably because I was desperately finishing up the bassoon piece.
To make up for it, I'll do 2 posts today in regards to a meeting I'm having a little later this afternoon.

I'm collaborating with a poet for my choral pieces. Technically, it shouldn't be much different from using any other poems because they've already been written, but it is. Working with a poem is fun because you get to highlight different elements of the poem and even rework it structurally.
I have chosen one of his poems already and I believe he will have some others that complement it to suggest.
I have some ideas and I think they're pretty good, but I'm really interested to hear how the poet will react.
Also, I know that writers are very aware of the sonoristic elements of the words they use, but I wonder how organized he was with them. I did a phonetic analysis of the poem and have found/created structural divisions based on types of vowels used.

Oh wel, I'm about to find out soon!

No comments: