Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I must be playing my cards right.

I certainly haven't hidden my agenda to become more active as a pianist. I joined the contemporary players at UBC so that I could get my hands back in motion.
For the first concert, I played two pieces and I've gotten really positive feedback thus far. I look forward to working on new music, and it appears that there will be lots of opportunity for that.

I joined a group of composers here at UBC that works towards promoting the music of, and concerts involving members of the UBC composer community at large. We're organizing a concert series for next term, and have been brainstorming for ideas. After last week's concert, I was asked if I would be interested in playing a concert of new music in January. I'm taking this as a compliment! Composers are picky people, so if my own peers think I am a worthy performer, then who am I to argue!
This will also provide me with the opportunity to foray, back into the land of solo piano music.
Christmas break will be fun and filled with new music learning!

In terms of diabetes, today was my first full day on CGM. The numbers have not been pretty, but I'm trying not to correct too much, I want to see the trends, and they're harder to see when there are lots of little boluses.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments: