Sunday, November 22, 2009

The meeting this afternoon was great. My poet and I are on the same wavelength artistically, so that is wonderful.
He is very open with how I use his poetry, and he even seemed really excited about my plans.


In other news, I'm not happy with my cellphone.
About 4 months ago, I got a smartphone - the BlackBerry Storm. Not comparing it to anything else, it's not bad as a phone. Nevertheless, comparing it to the iPhone, it's shit.
Mostly, the applications.
One of the things I wanted to do with my smartphone was organize my diabetes with some of the applications out there. I was told that, at the time I got the phone, the BlackBerry AppWorld was under development and would soon have lots. 4 months later, and there is NOTHING new in terms of diabetes applications.
I'm not sure whether this is BB's fault or what, but it doesn't matter - they're simply not meeting my needs.

I called Telus to inquire about switching to an iPhone. Long story short, I need to call back during regular business hours, but they seemed resistant to it...
I have a 3 year contract. I'm not trying to back out of that, in fact, I'm willing to extend that by another 4 months by resigning - fresh.
In fact, I'm wanting to upgrade my plan and pay them an additional 5-20$/month MORE per month for the next 3 years, and they still don't want me to do it?!?
I just don't understand. It defies logic.
Anyway, I'll call again tomorrow and see if I can't talk some sense into them.

No comments: