Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mr. Insulin Pump,

Why do you annoy me, even when I'm no longer using you?
I was trying to sleep peacefully this morning after my alarm went off. After a few minutes, I heard a faint beeping. Smacking my alarm again, I realized it was not the cell phone alarm. I assumed it was imagined, but then it kept going on.
Eventually, I realized it was coming from my desk drawer, where you were hiding.
I asked you what was wrong and you said, "OFF NO POWER".
Can't you just die silently? I promise, I won't shed any tears either way.

Sincerely,
Michael

This is precisely the kind of thing I was trying to avoid. I asked a forum on TuDiabetes for advice on what to do when not using a pump.
They failed to comprehend why anyone would not be using the god-like machine...
I was wondering if taking the battery out would result in losing all my settings and info from CGM, but no advice there. The responses chose to focus on trying to convince me to stick with the pump, or trying to speculate on why I was having problems, rather than helping me with the questions at hand.

2 comments:

Pearlsa said...

Hi Michael,

I have removed the battery out of my pump for a month and I did not lose my settings.

However I use Animas 2020 with no CGM.

Michael Park said...

Thanks Adjoa,

Because of the annoying beeping and not wanting to waste a battery while I'm not using the pump, I yanked the battery this morning.
I'll just hope that the memory won't go away!

I checked out your blog, very nice!