Thursday, November 05, 2009

It's still Nov 4th ish...

It feels like I missed today.
Just so busy, every moment was filled.

I spent a massive chunk of the day helping a friend move. I felt a little drained from that and by the time I got home, the time difference meant it was too late to call my sister to wish her happy birthday. Every wednesday, we have people over to the apartment to watch tv, but since the show we watch was a repeat, we played a board game. It just ended, so once again, I was a few hours behind my blogging.

Nevertheless, today was a great day. My friend who was moving really needed the help and it felt great to be able to lend a hand. His daughter is too cute for words and kept things interesting with singing, dancing, playing piano, bowing, imaginary friends and even some social commentary on how the whole world is really one big community.

Board games and mulled wine are a good combination. Board games can be tricky though, you get to see a different side of people. We learned that my roommate is fairly competitive, while I get a little power hungry/spiteful. The game went a little long, so I lost some interest, but it was mostly pretty fun.

I've decided I need to go low-card for the next little while. I might have to adjust my carb ratios at different times of day, so little inaccuracies cause huge variations when you're eating carb-heavy meals. It seems like I need loads of insulin for lunch, but barely anything for dinner - so I'll change those carb ratios for tomorrow and see if that doesn't help. It makes sense - that matches my basal rates on the insulin pump, anyway, I'll post more about that tomorrow.

No comments: