Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

I feel guilty that I didn't get a poppy this year.
In previous years, they seemed to be everywhere, but not this year. Over the last few days, I've been keeping an eye open, but they haven't been at the places I frequent.

In the afternoon, I went skating with friends at the Olympic skating venue. It was a lot of fun. I haven't skated in a long time. My arches have never ached so much! I wasn't nearly as bad as I predicted I would be, but it was still pretty iffy. After the first half hour, I calmed down a lot with the screaming.

Diabetes while skating was ok. ish. Sugars were about 12mmol before and for the first while. When I checked later on, they were at 7mmol so I started popping some lifesavers. After we finished, they were back at 12 - I'm not sure if that was a rebound from a low, or from the candies. I guess it will remain a mystery.

Other than that, today has been a very low-key day. I'm doing laundry and I washed dishes.

No comments: