Thursday, November 05, 2009

Now it's the fifth!

I went to see a free piano tonight.
It was ugly, but I didn't care. Apparently, in the 60's, for some reason they covered it with some kind of plush stuff - I don't know why. I would have been fine with that, if it weren't so complicated.

Moving a piano in Vancouver will cost $180. If there are any stairs involved, it costs double. One of the keys would need to get fixed, but the piano was actually in pretty decent shape.
Anyway, the idea of paying nearly 400 dollars to move a piano that still needs to be tuned and repaired... I don't quite think I can justify that kind of expense right now.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little run-down right now so I'm going to stop typing.

2 comments:

Paulie said...

"Apparently, in the 60's, for some reason they covered it with some kind of plush stuff"

So much for Manitoba subtility, you should come right out and say it, "THEY SHAGGED THEIR PIANO!!!" LOL

Michael Park said...

Oh My Golly Gosh,
If it were covered in shag carpeting, I would have taken it in a heartbeat!!
Alas, this was some kind of plastic, vinyl puffy material.
Oooh, just like, remember those puffy stickers, did you ever have those - that's what it felt like.