Friday, November 20, 2009

Thursday post

And, we're back on schedule!

I've been knitting an elephant lately. I don't know why, but I'm not enjoying it. The pattern is overly complicated and it's just frustrating me. Also, it's pink, but I didn't have enough so I'm using a variety of pinks, and I might even run out of those!
I would really like to just trash this project, but out of spite, I'm going to finish it.

I've been in a funk lately. It might be the lack of sunlight, and constant raining, leading to SAD - I hear that's quite common in Vancouver. I'm also over sleeping. Staying up late is fine, as long as I wake up after only 8 hours of sleep, but after sleeping through the whole morning, I end up sleeping another few hours. I feel tired all the time because of it.
I remember when I first got here and was still waking up early in the mornings, I had so much energy and was so productive. I should get back to that!

For now, I just need to force myself to be productive no matter how I feel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I moved to Montreal, I was doubtful of some of the people who were most affected by SAD... but then, I spent almost an entire term without seeing the sun once (cloudy, not because I was locked in the basement all the time). I hadn't really realized what it would mean, living somewhere less sunny than I was used to (you can ask my roommates how surly I was right before Christmas!)

I hope it doesn't get to you too much.