Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday, Nov 13th

It seems like I keep missing days, but that's not the case.
I consider the day to be over only when I go to sleep. Since I usually stay up until 2 or 3, I have a few hours of grace period, for any of those NaBloPoMo sticklers out there.

Foozball Friday usually lasts about 2 or 3 drinks, and around 2 hours. Today, it lasted 10!
The campus bar portion included foozball as well as shuffleboard. We stayed later than normal because one of our friends could only join us after 2 hours in, and we wanted him to experience the joy of shufflepucking!
Libations included the standard Rye and Diet, and some chicken fingers for food.

Next, we went for some food at a bar near Granville. It had been over 4 hours since the start of the day, so I had another full meal. I had a pulled-pork sandwich and split a half-litre of red wine with a fellow non-beer drinker.

Well fed and liquored, we went onwards to 5-pin bowling. All they served was beer, so I had a can... Yuck! I'm not a beer drinker, and I shouldn't even try! I only played one game, because they had to clear out for the glow-bowling reservations - if only we knew!

Then, we stopped off at the BC Liquor store to pick up some libations before heading to our apartment to watch some episodes of the Flight of the Conchords. Having finished the bottle I got around Thanksgiving, I got another bottle of the Canadian Club 12-year aged rye whisky. If I haven't raved about this, I should have! Rye is a pretty standard mixed drink, but it's mass produced for purely it's alcohol content. On the other end is Single Malt Whiskies and Scotch. This stuff is much closer to that end, which is why I wasn't willing to buy a standard rye this time around.

Anyway, while midnight might seem like an early end to a Friday night, it was just about perfect after having spent the entire afternoon and evening with good friends!

I don't think I'll sober up enough to get something productive done, but enough to write a blog post!

No comments: