Friday, October 09, 2009

I'm finally starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. This is going to be a very busy month, getting more intense as it reaches the end. I've never been a particularly fast composer, but I took on the challenge of finishing a short-ish piece (6-9 minutes) in a month. There will be a performance of it on Nov 30'th, so I need to get it done with at least a month for the performers to learn it. It is a multi-movement work, so at least I can send separate movements, so that's sorta cheating, but there is still a lot of work to get done.

This weekend, being long for Thanksgiving, could be a great opportunity to get a lot done, but I won't... One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world is coming to visit - Fun Friend Fi! I'm very excited and it will be an amazing weekend, but I'm realistic and I know that I won't get anything done. That way, if I get anything done, I'm a winner!

Also, I got a haircut yesterday. Now it's short. I should know better than to go to a stylist, they always cut it for a style, ev
en when I tell them I don't use product and I just wash 'n go. As a result, I always have to do some alterations on the front. Today, without product, the front looks worse than when my drunk friends butchered my hair.
Like, seriously, where did the hair on the right half of that picture go?
I realize my hair looks better with product in it, but I think a good haircut should be able to stand on its own without product, and this one certainly can't. I don't have time to fix it before I leave today, so I'll throw some hair gunk in for today. I hate touching a hair that's filled with product.... Yuck!


Anyway, I should get a start on my day.

No comments: