Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Party

This is what I did!
8 people were at my house this afternoon carving pumpkins. 6 of those 8 were using stencils to make beautiful, ornate pumpkins, but I stuck with the old-fashioned method of freehanded pumpkin stabbing!

I finished my pumpkin's face within a quick timeframe, but sensed I had another hour or so before everyone else finished...
I carved the star, moon, and bat into the back and realized that they actually shine onto the wall, which I think is pretty cool.

Then, I separated and baked the pumpkin seeds while others were still carving. 8 pumpkins make for a lot of seeds!


In other news, I worked harder on my bassoon piece this weekend than I have on anything in a long time. I'm now half finished, and seriously doubtful that I'll get the rest done on time, but I'll still try and keep working at full force until I finish.
While I had my doubts about the piece even just a week ago, I'm liking it more and more as I go. I'm looking forward to hearing from the bassoonist who will be playing the piece - to hear about how it actually works.

Anyway, back to work for me. So much to do!
Hooray!

No comments: