Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I did the tally the other day of how much water I drank.
Generally, you're supposed to drink about 8 cups of water a day, as a guideline.
I had about 11 glasses of water, but each of those averaged about 1 and a third cups, so I drank about 14 or 15 cups of water.
I didn't tally the number of times I went tinkle, I'll save that for another day.
[Yes, I do use the work 'tinkle' even though I'm a grown man]



Generally, the pump is working well.  Nevertheless, it changes day to day; I'm assuming that stress causes a huge variation in my insulin needs.  I don't think it's the pump, because my sugars are responding properly, it just takes a lot more insulin, so maybe it's absorption.  For example, the last 2 infusion sets worked as follows:
Infusion set 1 worked great for almost two days, then it seemed like I needed SO much insulin.  I sucked it up for the remaining day and a bit, expecting the next infusion set would set things straight.  The new site didn't fix it, in fact it got a little worse.  After a whole day of sucking, my sugars started to plummet back to the happy place, but I spent the next half day over-treating highs and lows.  I'm hesitant to change basals or even carb ratios because it seems to change at the drop of a hat.

I'm currently basking in my daily 3pm sunshine.  Ok, so it's only been yesterday and today, but all day today was bleak until 3pm - and for this last half hour, it's been delightfully warm on my face.  I generally don't like the light of the sun, but the way I'm facing, I'm not blinded - only warmed by the sunshine!

I finished writing the piano solo, or cadenza of my concerto's third movement and now I'm editing it and adding dynamics.  This is the central and most important material in the movement, so I'm glad to have it finished-ish.
It's not really a cadenza though... I'm starting to re-think whether or not this is even a concerto.  It does feature the opposition of piano (soloist) and orchestra, but 'concerto' is such a loaded term - it might be for the best to change the name, especially thinking ahead to my thesis defense.  

No comments: