Monday, February 23, 2009

I just had an epiphany :
I spend the majority of my time creating things that largely go unnoticed.
Blogging - I might have a few readers, at most...
Composing - Even if I become successful, the classical music world is quite small.

Even in diabetes, it is such an invisible thing.  The rest of the world can't tell if my sugars are perfect, if they're through the roof, or if they're plummeting.  

This epiphany won't change anything, at least not at the moment.  I will continue to do exactly what I do.  Perhaps when I have more time, I'll put more thought into whether that means that the world can do without the things I do, or whether I need to put more effort into getting them noticed.
Are they even worth being noticed?  Blogging - probably not.  Composing - I would hope so.
Diabetes - I hope it never becomes noticeable.

I guess, today I just feel small.

No comments: