Saturday, February 14, 2009

Toronto fun times.

So far, this has been a great trip to Toronto.

My meeting with my adviser was great and he made the offer that if I get a lot done and want another meeting before heading home, I just need to call.  I haven't written too much since then, but I still have a few days and who knows what productivity I will accomplish.

Friday night I went for drinks with some friends from Winnipeg.  We drank so much and stayed at the pub for so long - it was entirely delightful!  I spent far too much money, but oh well - it was well worth it.

I managed to make it to a piano recital today by the pianist who is playing my concerto.  I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, but I did; it is wonderful when things in life just come together in the right way.
Speaking of performances, there is a show tomorrow night with one of the improv faculty from the program I did last summer.  I plan on meeting a Toronto friend and seeing the show while catching up.

In diabetes-land, I did the new infusion site in my other arm today; it went SO much better.  I would actually say it was a perfect site change.  My sugars were good before, so they didn't skyrocket as soon as I changed and then absorption today has been good.

I bought huge manuscript paper yesterday from the downtown music store.  London doesn't keep the manuscript stacks in stock, so I couldn't physically hold them and compare.  I spent at least 10 minutes looking and comparing the larger types.  I am testing out one of them right now - lots of room on the manuscript paper is great for sketching things.

No comments: