Sunday, February 01, 2009

My life indeed has direction!

Since finishing my applications for grad school, which wasn't that long ago, I've been in a bubble of uncertainty - having no guarantees about what might happen.  As small as it may have been, there was a tiny fear in the back of my head, 'what would I do if I didn't get accepted to any of the programs'?

Today I got an email from the dean of one of the schools to which I applied.  It stated that they've recommended me for acceptance into the Doctoral program.  Basically, it means that I'm in.  This Dean wants to talk to me on the phone to ask a few questions and answer any that I may have.

My initial thoughts:
-super happiness
-I'm not even thinking about making decisions because I want to hear from all the schools, but this gives me that comfort feeling!
-This school's application deadline was yesterday and I got the email today; also, he said that they were 'impressed by [my] music' - how awesome does that make me feel!?!
-Damnit, this has distracted me and I have so much work to do today, tomorrow, and for the next 5 weeks!  Eek!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news mikey, good news indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is great news!! Congrats!