Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday!

Lots of things today:

-My last day of teaching Sight Singing. It was nice while it lasted, but it's really been eating away at my work time.

-I got my first ADP(Assistive Devices Program) cheque in the mail today.  Being new to the pump, I made some mistakes which meant I needed to change infusion sets more than I will now regularly need to, I've also been testing over 10 times each day... at a dollar a strip, that $300 is not even covered by the ADP, let alone the extra costs of pump supplies.  Long story short, this money is very much needed at this time! 

-I talked to my nurse today and she informed me that I should be correcting my sugars.  This has been a major miscommunication... Apparently the 'don't correct unless you are over 14mmol' thing was only meant to be heeded for the first 2 weeks...  While this information would have made my life a lot more comfortable this last month, I am accepting the news with unbridled happiness!

-We're having a retro potluck this weekend; I am making fruit punch!  Only problem was that I didn't have a ladle, a punch bowl, or enough glasses.  I went to the Bargain Shop today and was happy to get a big plastic bowl for $2.98, a ladle for $1.68.  I was sad that I couldn't find plastic cups, but I was extra delighted to find an 18-piece set of glassware for only $3.74!  I was expecting to get it home and find that 5 of them were broken, but no - perfection!


Ok, Something I didn't make time to bitch about yesterday....
I am justified in bitching, but the bottom line is that my license had actually expired already, once again, that information would have been really helpful and would have saved me money, time and heartache.  Nevertheless, I hadn't checked the exact date it expired, assuming it was the very end of the month.  The only place in London that can do an inter-provincial license exchange is way out, where the sun doesn't shine and the busses don't quite go.  It would have been over a 30-minute walk after a 35-minute bus ride.  I figured it was more efficient to convince a friend of mine to drive me there, with the lure of buying him lunch.
Ok, so the money spent on lunch and the wasted time were my fault, BUT I'm still justified.  
  Even if my license hadn't already expired, I would still be sans-license because of the stupid Manitoba 2-part license crap!  They needed a 2 year clean driving record which could have been shown from a license that was older than 1 year and 11 months - the age of my "New and Unimproved" 2=part Manitoba shit license.  Also, if it were a one-piece license, I would have known exactly when it expired because it would say that instead of having to peel the paper from the plastic.  Anyway, stupid Manitoba licenses!
Out of spite, I don't want to ever have to go back to the London Ontario licensing place, but I'm wondering if I should wait until I am next in Manitoba to renew, or if I should just pay for an abstract and get an Ontario one anyway.
Yuck.  Oh ya, I didn't mention that the Ontario licensing place is completely privatized!  It's not even a government thing; the place was called DriveTest.  On the other hand, it is cheaper in Ontario.... 75$ for 5 years instead of 65 or whatever the price is per year in Manitoba...
I think I'll get an abstract from Manitoba and then when my parents come here for the concert, I'll get them to drive me out there so I can drive while they're here!  Other than that, I don't need to drive.

-Wow, I'm rambling.  Goodbye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need an abstract to exchange your license in Ontario? Weird. In BC all you do is walk in with your other provincial one, and as long as it's not expired for more than 3 years they exchange it on the spot. Easssssssy. Ontario sucks! Sucker!