Monday, January 05, 2009

Countdown to thesis, but I'm too lazy to actually count!

So, I'm in the intense portion of my thesis writing.
I have a reading session in just over 2 weeks.
The thesis performance is on April 8th.
The parts for the performers are due 3 weeks before that.
The score for the conductor is due 1 month before that, so March 8th.
To allow for changes, I'm aiming to have it done by the end of February.
The first week of January has already been going by so quickly.

I've doubled my teaching load at the university for the month of January.  This has me waking up early on 3 weekdays.  The plan is to use the daytime and work after doing my teaching.
January will be a month of learning efficiency.
February will be a month of using what I have learned, as well as freaking out.

I got the adapter for my screen so I can use dual screen with my new macbook.
It was killing me to have only had one screen for the last month.
Having extended desktop is the greatest thing ever, but the world seems so empty without it.

My aim was to make this a short post, because that is all I will have time for over the next few months, but I keep writing.  I actually wrote this one much faster than I normally do, but that's because I usually  get distracted and do other things .
Wow, procrastinating from blogging (my favourite procrastination) - such a refined art!

No comments: