Sunday, January 25, 2009

Motivation to get my thesis done on time!

  Today, my sister confirmed that she got the time off of work and she bought her ticket to fly to London for the performance of my thesis.  My parents will also be driving halfway across the country to attend the event.
It bothers me that they will be making such a huge trip, and they will be seeing the performance in what is just a glorified classroom.  Nevertheless, I am very excited that they will be coming.  My sister has never been able to attend any performances of my music, mostly because there's been very little outside of the university environment, so it means a lot that she is willing to come so far to attend.  At the very least, it means that 3 people are making a huge investment of time and money - and I owe it to them to have the very best prepared.

I finished cueing, editing and printing parts tonight for the reading.  A little behind my imposed schedule, yes, but I'm actually caught up to my post-it-note schedule - for a few days, ish.
If I can write another movement before Jan29'th, then I'd be perfectly on schedule, but I'm not seeing that as a realistic goal.
Ok, enough rambling tonight.

No comments: