Thursday, January 15, 2009

Post #800

I recently realized that on the blog itself, there is no reference to how many posts I've done.  Blogger users will know that the program tells your how many posts there are in a blog, but nothing for you, my faithful readers.
I'm not going to do anything about this, because I don't think it's worth my while; rather, I just wanted to point out that I'm not just randomly pulling numbers out of you-know-where.

Eight-hundred posts - even I'm impressed at how much rambling, ranting, blabbering and word writing that is.  As self-referential as this post is labelled to be, I wondered the other day whether or not this blog will survive to one thousand.

Long story short, yes it will.

Long story - I think I'll probably blog until the internet ceases to exist for reason such as:
-It is a remarkable method of procrastination.  
-I like writing words.
-I like to rant.
-With the memory I have, I need this blog so I can account for the things I've done since 2005.
Thinking about whether the next 200 posts would happen, I thought ahead to the next year...
I realized that I have no idea of what will happen and things are always changing.  By post 850, I'll have finished my thesis and maybe even will have it performed.  By post 900, I will have graduated and will know the results of my multitudinous applications.  We all know that I will NEED this blog to properly voice my indecision.

The bottom line is that I keep changing and will likely continue to do so.  As a result, this blog continues to change.  I think back to the days when all I did was rant and complain about things; I think of how my blog has matured; and I think of how lame I have become with only blogging about my two topics these days.  I will keep blogging, and I hope that I still have readers.

[Reader Participation]
Readers, I'd like to thank you all for sticking with me, or dropping by on a rare occasion, or even those who might be reading for the first time.  I would like you all to leave me a comment and share your favourite memory of my blogging life!  
Maybe it was the time I spouted random diabetes-related numbers out and you have no idea what any of it meant; maybe it was the time I complained about my readers never commenting, or maybe it was when I posted those beautiful pictures of Hoppy the Hopster.  
Use the search function up at the top left of the page to help jog your memory.
Whatever it was, I would love to hear about it!
And readers, in true Michael fashion, you can expect a post in a few days complaining about how I've put my heart out on my sleeve, mumbly mumbly, and beg you all for the comments which you haven't yet left me!

Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post #642 was an absolute gem!

Anonymous said...

My favourite blogs are all the ones that end in "mumbly mumbly Fuck!" or some such phrase. It's reassuring to know that someone else gets pissy! Happy Blogging!

Michael Park said...

Tiff, thanks for the comment!
I tried searching 'mumbly' in my search bar and there are 20 posts in which I use that phrase - some real doozies!