Thursday, January 08, 2009

Today has been pretty revolutionary - I wasn't lazy and I actually got a lot of composing done.  After getting home from morning teaching and breakfast with friends, I caught a chill so I warmed up in bed.  Realizing that bed was a happy and comfortable place, but I didn't want to sleep the day away, I brought a manuscript pad and a pencil with me and worked in bed.  It was going well for a while, and then I realized that I had developed a huge kink in my neck [apparently I was kinky in bed...] so I had to work in a more conventional environment thereafter.
I've often complained of a 'block' that I seem to get, and which has been plaguing me for a long while.  I'm not sure if it is emotional or just laziness, but today I was able to get past it and got a lot done.
Well, 'a lot' is relative.
I find it positively refreshing that what I accomplished today doesn't really add up to all that much.  It wasn't like I just woke up today and was able to finish the movement, or write tons of music.  In reality, I barely broke the dirt on the musical section which I started developing today.
Nevertheless, I feel good about my accomplishments today and I look forward to many more days like today in the future!

No comments: