Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's 2009 now.
My time in Winnipeg was good and now that I am back in London, I am prepared to be fully dedicated to my thesis for the next 2 months - If I am not, I will likely not graduate.  This last week or so, I have been overwhelmed with the revelation that I have so little time left.  Luckily, one of my composer friends told me that whenever I feel that way, I should think of her; she does have far more to do than I, so I don't feel as bad!

Why is it that one's social life is at its peak when one has the most to do?  Since getting back to London, it seems to everyone is super-social.  It's likely because the holidays are coming to a close and everyone realizes that socialization needs to be taken care of now, before we buckle down for the next semester.
Yes, Buckling... that's what I'm doing... exactly, Oh the buckles!

Continuing with the sweater-vest theme, I've been getting compliments from people when I wear knits, in general.  
On Christmas Eve I wore my new sweater vest and my greataunt was convinced I had lost weight.
The other day, I wore my cardigan and my friend Holly took a while to figure out that it was the cardigan, but the moral was that she thought I looked good.  It wasn't my hair, it wasn't being more clean-shaven, it wasn't my shoes - it was my knit cardigan!
People in London really liked my hand-knit toque!  This shouldn't be a surprise, everything I knit is beautiful!
Maybe I should revive my completely knit ensemble that I wore way back in 2001 to the University of Winnipeg.  For years after, people still recognized me as the red knit-pants guy!

Ok, I'm off to bed.
Good Night!

No comments: