Sunday, January 25, 2009

I haven't shampooed my hair since the day I got my haircut - a week.  As a result, my hair has become dull and flat.  I've always had straight hair, but never flat; it's lost all of it's volume.  While I don't want to have oily hair anymore, I don't want this!  I'm going to shower and shampoo my hair in about 10 minutes and I'm going to start a cycle of shampooing every 3 days.  I hope I haven't screwed things up - I always liked the way my hair looked, just not the oiliness.  

While I had finished my reading score and handed it in on Thursday morning, I have still not finished the parts.  This is the problem with working really well to deadlines - the deadlines of others are far more convincing than the ones that one sets for him or herself.  I had told myself to get them done on Friday so I would be finished, but in reality, they aren't due until Tuesday before the reading.
Anyway, I will finish that up today and get the scores bound; I've wasted enough time already.
I've been flip-flopping a lot on how I feel about the reading.  I feel like I did not prepare enough and could have put a lot more information into the score.  I also am on the verge of making large-scale unwarranted judgement calls on the piece, simply because I haven't heard it yet.  I also haven't met with my adviser in a long time, so I'm craving some outside opinion.  I am a little scared of the fact that he has never seen any of the second movement, and it will be played at the reading.  I am also a little anxious that he might not be able to make it to the reading, not that that would be the worst thing ever, but he knows more about working with a conductor and general practical concerns.  Anyway, in the end I'm really looking forward to hearing some things and learning about whether or not they work.

The pump is getting noticeably better all the time.  I am currently trying out a new infusion site in the side/back of my left thigh.  I suppose this could be referred to as one's "nass".  Luckily, I picked the right section of the nass, so I'm not sitting on it or bumping it much.  Today, the absorption seems to be good, whereas last night it took even longer than normal for the absorption to start.  That was likely because my sugars were high to begin with, so I won't hold it against this site in particular.
I've been drinking alcohol more often lately, so that has been interfering with sugars as well.

In other news, I'm now finally officially feeling like a grad student.  I make just barely enough money to live off of, this means that when I want to go out and party or spend money, in theory, I have to make adjustments to everything else.  Unfortunately, I have been bad at that this last year and I have opted to not make the necessary adjustments.  Macbook, holiday travel, drinking and eating out more than I should have left me where I am today - finally experiencing student debt.  On one hand, this is terrible for me - I had always been relatively in control of my money and debt was a very minor presence.  On the other hand, that was when I lived at home while attending undergrad; every friend I knew who lived away from home had a huge debt load after undergrad, and my worst-case-scenario debt this year still pales in that comparison.  For the rest of this year, I'm going to smarten up and fly right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a NASS!

Michael Park said...

Why thank you!