Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I sent the current draft of my first movement to my adviser tonight.  I'd been obsessing over it for the last few days, but no major changes have happened.  No major changes need to happen, which is why it is time to ignore it for a few days while I get on to the other movements.  I'm sure I could spend another whole week working on the finer details of this opening movement, but I should save that finesse work for the end.

The first movement has taken me 4 months to get to this point.  Now I have to write the remaining 3 movements in 2 months - thrice the work in half the time - which means I have to increase my productivity by a factor of 6!

UBC and Boston applications are coming along and I hope to mail them on the weekend.  I will be including the first movement draft in both applications, so I hope to have some feedback from my adviser before then.  I can't wait to get these last applications out of the way.  They are really the only things standing between me and complete focus on my thesis (Yes, I'm slightly delusional in my positive thinking, but I'm alright with it).

I had felt up-rooted this last month, not because of travel, but because I didn't have my extended desktop / second monitor connected to my macbook.  I'm recalling that I had previously mentioned it, but it's an important topic.

My schedule from Mon-Friday has me waking up progressively earlier.  This is helpful so that it's not so shocking to my system, but it's only Wednesday, and I already feel like I won't make it to the end.  Nevertheless, I have already been slightly more productive during the daytime, so I'm confident that this will be nothing but goodness all around.

Alas, it is now time to get ready for bed.

No comments: