Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've had floaters for a few years now.  Some days they distract me and other days I don't even notice them.  For the longest time, they were a constant reminder that my diabetes control was less than ideal.  Now I've accepted them as a gentle reminder, but I don't let them get me down.
When I pay attention to the fact that my field of vision is tainted with these little things, they really are quite distracting; otherwise, they really don't affect my daily life.  
The only reason I mention them is because it is winter.  With winter comes snow and that snow is white.  Floaters are much more prominent with a white or light background, so they are much more a part of my life lately.
It stands as a testament for human physiology and its ability to ignore that which it deems unnecessary.

In other news, I'm finding it difficult for myself to ignore that which is unnecessary!  Nevertheless, I am still getting a lot done.  I've pretty much finished the first movement (at least enough for the reading) and I'm in the process of pulling the second movement together.  I have to get a copy of both movements to my pianist by tomorrow, so I am focusing on the piano part, and then I will fill in the orchestral stuff.  My score deadline for the reading is Thursday, so I have until Wednesday night to finish and then I can spend the days thereafter preparing the parts to hand out to the orchestra.  Since the parts have to be the same as the score I hand in, at least I won't have to make creative decisions on that weekend... at least not relating to the reading material...

Ok, back to work!

Ooh, wait, first I have exciting news.... The piano is being tuned tomorrow morning!

No comments: