Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bright and early tomorrow morning, we head back to Winnipeg. It has been a spectacular Christmas. It was nice to spend a bit of time with sister and brother-in-law, dare I say we may have even overstayed our welcome by a day...
Nevertheless, it's been great.
Last night we all gathered into the hot tub with some drinks. Now for the fun part... the hot-tub was OUTSIDE! It was awesome! Gareth and I both dunked out heads completely under the water and within minutes we were sporting iced hair-dos! It was a little nippy on the wet shoulders, but I think we were in there for at least 45 minutes and no one had frostbite or pneumonia.
I'll see what we have planned for tonight, anyway, I won't mind staying up late to finish the Dance Film music, I can sleep for the first 4 hours of the drive tomorrow anyway! If I get it done tonight, GREAT! If I need more time to finish it tomorrow after we get home, that's fine too, I'll still have it done a few days early!
I was the only one to buy something today for boxing day, aside from my mother buying some chocolates from Giant Tiger. It was so different from our normal boxing day experiences. Firstly, we all slept in quite late and were in no rush. It's Thompson, so even though the stores might have been busy, they were nowhere near the madness of Winnipeg's boxing fiestas.
I bought some nice speakers that I can hook up to my laptop, or anything else for that matter. They are quite fancy, with a control interface ON the speaker. Rather than just changing the volume of the speaker, it communicates through USB to the computer or device and changes those settings - ie, it communicates and interacts with the controls in Sibelius!

No comments: