Sunday, December 02, 2007

Post number 601!

Wow, I don't regularly pay attention to how many posts I have made, but my eye caught the number this time... SIX HUNDRED posts!
How much time have I wasted on blogging?!? It's really unfathomable. I'm going to see if I can download all my blogging posts so that I can somehow do a word-count and see just how many novels I could have written.
Someday, I'll be able to save a biographer the trouble of even asking questions about this portion of my life, pretty much everything has been detailed online... or has it?!?
This blog has been with me through a lot of development over the past few years. I've learned the responsibilities of publicly posting information and it's resulted in a veil which separates the blog version of Michael from the real version.
Anyway, I shouldn't get so philosophical about this, this is a happy occasion!

Cue balloons and champagne!

Other happy news - I just finished my Orchestration assignment. 'Finished' is a very subjective term here; there will be much editing, but I have somehow translated all(ish) of the piano version into my orchestrated version. I have my class tomorrow during which I hope to learn what I've done wrong, what I've done well and what things I need to reconsider and fix.

I spent a LOT of time on this orchestration assignment this weekend and over the last week especially. Unfortunately, I feel that I have spent less time on my other work as a result of it. Composition especially - my piece seems to have reached a plateau, my prof had really amazing suggestions last lesson and I was excited about them and ... I just never did those things and I'm not sure how much I can do before my lesson on Tuesday. Regardless, I will spend my free time tomorrow working on that piece of my electro.

Calculations - Let's say that above is an average length for a Michael Post - I will now plug that into MS Word and get a word count:

315 words
times 600 posts
=
189,000 words.

According to random internet statistics, the average novel is from 60-100,000 words in length... that means, I've written between 2 and 3 novels through this blog!
Maybe over the break, I'll find a real word count.

1 comment:

Jonathan Evans said...

Wow! I've been doing this slightly longer than you and combined between my two blogs I only have about 300something. Once I leave HongKong I'm going to print all the entries and make it into a book.