Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm back in Winnipeg and it's surprising how much stuff there is to do which has tracked me down.
I know it's mostly the fact that it's the holiday season so there's lots going on anyway, but it makes me feel like this homecoming has been filled with love and friends and lots of good food and good company!
My sugars have not been in .... good control lately, which causes me to be irritable and I regret that that's been aimed at my parents because they're around at just those moments. The control is a mix of not having really done any walking since getting here and then the eating of holiday goodies- as much as I don't like bitching... you people with working pancreases don't know how good you have it. Most of the time, I eat foods of which I know how many carbs they contain, or generally, so I can get my dosing somewhat in the ballpark, but the holidays just kills that. And you know me, you know my belly... I lack the willpower to not jump into the deliciousness!
Surprise surprise I'm meeting with some friends for lunch today, but I'm going to walk there, so at least I'll have 20 minutes of walking.
Generally, I need to get my ass in gear. I've slipped into vacation mode, but I can't afford to do that. I've done no composing, and I have so much I need to do; I haven't started my shopping; I've generally been lazy. Bad Michael, haha. Oh well, I'll get on that starting today!

No comments: