Saturday, December 08, 2007

Ok, so the tone of yesterday's post was a wee little bit negative. Today, it's a completely different story.
I was up very late last night finishing my electro piece and getting it relatively well notated. We had our class at noon, so I still got a solid 6 hours of sleep! The hardcore work I did on the piece paid off, it was fairly well received by my prof and the other student. I got a few suggestions of how to improve the piece - unfortunately I don't have time to do those before I leave, so I'll basically just have to revisit the piece when I get back.
After our performances, we went to the grad club for some drinks and pretzels. It was nice to drink and socialize with the prof. I really like the grad student relationship with profs, governed by a strong sense of respect, but sprinkled with comradery; more of a mentorship through which they are welcoming us into the world of professionalism/academia.
Later tonight, I went for Thai food with some other music grad students. It was the most delicious thing I've eaten in quite a long time. Also, socialization is something I've been missing lately; more of that will come this next month.
I leave London tomorrow evening, I'm not excited about the fact that it is currently 26 degrees colder in Winnipeg than it is in London, but oh well. I grew up there, I should be used to it...

No comments: