Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas in Thompson

Well, the weather actually isn't that bad here. I mean it's cold, but not as bad as I was expecting/fearing.
My sister and her brother have both been working opposite shifts since we got here, but now they're done working. It was nice today that we were finally all together for lunch.
Having the family all together for the holidays is very nice.
The schedule around here has been crazy, last night, my brotherinlaw went to work around 7pm, the rest of us stayed in and watched movies, sister went to bed around 11 cause she worked in the morning. I ended up staying awake until about 5am working on the Christmas music as well as trying to get a fire started. I was awoken by my sister on her way out the door for work. I must have slept through my brotherinlaw coming home, but was awoken again by sister calling the house. Anyway, by the early afternoon, everyone was awake and home from work.
Since people were working, I managed to steal some time away for my own work (ish). I was making the family a Christmas soundscape to make use of the 5.1 surround sound system my sister has up here. I finished that and played it for them today so now that's out of the way.
I had a meeting the other day with my filmmaker and we discussed timings and changes to the score for that. I am now working on those, and unless I run into some huge problem, I will have that done before we drive back to Winnipeg.
I should also try to knock back on of the autumn song cycle poems while I'm up here, that or do some work on the orchestration.
I'm finding that time up here in Thompson has been very relaxing, but at the same time, I can get a fair deal of work done. Good times all around!
It's Christmas Eve Day!!!
I think I actually got all of my shopping done. I tried to be subtle, but it's hard when you are shopping with the people you're shopping for. Anyway, I really hope my sister is surprised. I asked my mom what she wanted, she replied with the thing that I was holding in my hand so I replied "that would be a silly thing to buy for Christmas, you can get that for yourself when you get back to Winnipeg", I felt bad because she looked kinda sad, but I couldn't ruin the surprise! That's what surprises are all about, making people sad so they'll be even happier later on! haha

No comments: