Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm getting a little worried...

Smart Michael wouldn't worry about this until he finishes his school work, but that's not the Michael we know and love... [That one is a little more narcissistic]
At the end of the summer I had sent out my permissions requests - there were two. I heard back promptly from one and I'm still waiting on the other. I had sent a request for confirmation that my request was being processed and I received that over 10 weeks ago. The whole process is supposed to take 6-10 weeks total. I'm fairly certain that it had been in processing for 5-6 weeks when I sent that request. Moral is: it's been about 15 weeks and I just want to know already.
While I really want a yes, I would actually prefer an email on Monday saying, no, rather than having to wait any longer. Basically, I need to get the bulk of this composition done over my Christmas break. I knew my time line and I made sure to send out requests with extra time. As in - I sent a confirmation request with enough time that even if it magically disappeared, I would have time to file a new one.
Right now, I'm at the point where if I don't hear within the week, I need to cut and run and pick a new poem altogether. Of course, I send the most recent email tonight, Friday night - so that I get to wait all of Saturday and Sunday and then maybe have a response on Monday, if I'm lucky!
With all the copyrights issues in general, it's a wonder that ANYONE would be willing to use any previously written words!

Anyway, I've bitched enough for the night, back to work.
By the way, things are going well with my work so far. I've spent all afternoon/evening/night... working on orchestration and I'm making good progress. Tomorrow I'll continue, but work more on my own compositions, be they electroacoustic or for piano trio. Therefore, I will be going to the school tomorrow, and actually leaving my apartment!

No comments: