Thursday, November 29, 2007

Who was I kidding - of course I'll find time to blog: that's what keeps me sane!

Electro class - went surprisingly good. For the protools section, it seems like I've spent endless hours and still only gotten a lukewarm response to it. I had only spent a few hours preparing the keyboard sections for class today, and yet, the feedback was super. While this is not good for motivating to continue the hard work, I will pull through. The basic consensus was that I should take some of the ideas of the keyboard stuff and relate the protools more to that. In the end, I have about 1 week to pull it all together and then it will be spectacular!

Tomorrow I'm giving the final test to 2 of my 3 sight-singing classes. This term has wrapped up so quickly. I'm glad that once this test is over, I'm done for the term, I just have to hand in the marks.

Things coming in the mail - Since no-one has sent me anything in the mail, even though I published my address on facebook and email... I had to start ordering things online to make use of my mailbox...
Today I got a USB keypad for my laptop. Sibelius uses those keys for some functions, so now I can use the program more efficiently.
Yesterday I got a book that I ordered used off of Amazon. It was a library book - complete with markings, stamps, and catalogue number and label. I've bought books from libraries before and they are always clearly stamped 'discharged' or 'discard'; this was not. This got me thinking - Who would steal a library book and then sell it for profit?!? I saw the opportunity to make use of my US/Canada long distance freeness and I looked up and called the library in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (I love their accents).
In the end, they are a small library and not-computerized so they don't have a record of having or discarding the book. The lady seemed to be in disbelief that someone would call about that, and thanked me for informing them, but told me not to worry about it - that they most likely wouldn't have use for a book like that anyway.
It was a bible thumper Evangelist bible college library. They put me on hold and it was the namesake evangelist talking about the devil and stuff like that; between that and the accents, the phone call was totally worth my while!

A week and a day until I fly back to Winnipeg, I'm excited! Mostly to see friends and family, but also mostly because then I'll have finished with school work for a while ish (I know it's a lie, but let me believe it just for a while).

No comments: