Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Starting to feel real progress!

For the first time today, I felt like I was really in control of what was going on in the electroacoustic studio. 2 minutes of my piece is pretty much completely done and it was the finniky part - the middle section where I took the sound samples and sculpted them into a little 2 minute piece which serves as the middle section of the piece. I will probably have to revise this a little to allow for the performance aspect to be involved, but generally now I just have to make the outer sections which should mirror each other.
I did a lot of the prep work today using the keyboard and the digital effects editor that I will be using as the live performance element of the piece. For the longest time, I was not able to find a digital effect that had what I was looking for; today I did! On second thought, there's probably a lot of different effects I could use, there was a problem with the mixing board that was making me think none of the effects were working properly. Nevertheless, this one is good and has a lot of reverb. There are a few parameters of the effect which I can change in small intervals to make it seamlessly change from a highly processed to an unprocessed sound.

No comments: