Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Today was just not my day for timing.
I intended to work on my electro piece for hours this afternoon. I got there at 3:35ish. The other guy in my class had the exact same intention, except at 3:30, therefore, I went home and did some reading and listening before I went back to the school in the evening.
I helped a friend with separating some tracks and burning a cd for an audition. I could have gotten it all done in about 15-20 minutes on my laptop, but I was forcing myself to do it on the school computer so I could get better at using protools. This was a mistake - it took well over an hour. and seemed needlessly complicated.
Anyway, after I finished that, I started working on my own project. Slow progress. I started to play around with some of the sounds, creating sounds that do not sound like the original. This was kinda the moral of my last class. The prof's comments were that some sounds were useful, but when they sound too similar to something concrete, it will be difficult for the listener to divorce those connotations from that sound.
I think I've changed directions with the piece. I'm going to have the interface/performance element be interactive via the listener. It will take advantage of that connotation element. Nevertheless, I need to spend more time in the lab and with the sounds - so I will go again to the school tomorrow.

No comments: