Friday, November 23, 2007

Weekend = busy with worky!

This week just flew by.
In electro class today, my prof commented that my piece had really come a long way since he last saw it. That made me feel good. Then he went on to make comments on how I can make it better. After having spent a lot more time on it this week a)it damn well better have improved and b) I was feeling anxious to hear his comments - what if it still sucked?!? Luckily it didn't completely suck, he had some good things to say - he just wants me to change the focus from events to developing textures.

The internet seems to think that I am now foreign... Google is giving me search results in Spanish, and craigslist seems to think I always want to go to Berlin... which I do, but it used to always go to the last city I had been to. Maybe this is its way of telling me to stop looking at apartment rates in other cities... Berlin is the place to go.

I just realized right now what a good influence my roommate is on me. He is always working/studying around the apartment, it makes me feel like I should do the same, so I do. He is gone for the whole weekend, so - alone in the apartment- I am lacking that drive to be as productive. Nevertheless, that drive has to be there, so I will force it into high gear. This is my second last weekend to do work.

AHHHHHH! I just looked at the calendar... not only is next weekend my last weekend to finish up these term projects, but in 2 weeks and a day, I will be flying back to Winnipeg!
I am almost one quarter finished my Master's!!

It's an odd sensation to be working with such momentum right now at the end of the term. It is momentum for the sake of momentum.... with no real end goal.
None of my term projects actually have to be completely finished by the end of this term. Orchestration needs to be finished by Jan 15th, meaning that I will basically be using the break to do the parts and score, so I do need to have a good sense of what I will be doing before I leave for the break. My composition doesn't need to be finished until the first week of February. For electro, on the last day of class, we are having a close-to-finished performance, but the piece won't actually be performed until the end of the year. At the same time, I will need to write another piece next term, so I won't want to be spending my time editing the first one, so I'll treat the end of this term as an actual due date.
After having just typed that out, I don't believe what I said before about no real end goal... these things TOTALLY have to be done in 2 weeks, yay for buckling down as of now!

Good Night!

No comments: