Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Back to work means I'm in the home stretch now!

I'm working my last bit for the summer. I'm a few days in - meaning that I'm almost done already; this stretch of work only lasts just over 2 weeks.
So much stuff to do before I leave. And I've procrastinated so much already!
I have to admit, the scheduling of these weeks is poor - waking up early, but not working full days = michael is tired and cranky in the morning, without lots of money to justify things.

End of summer financial view = Michael didn't really save wisely this summer so things will most likely be rather tight this coming year - Oopsie!

I'm excited for a family, perhaps secret, barbecue this weekend. My parents are inviting all sorts of people. They told me it was for my sister and husband, but then she's also been inviting my friends. Nevertheless, it will be a big shindig to celebrate one of their children's marriage and new house, and the other's moving away for grad school. It will also be a celebration of my parents retirement and the new era of their life that my leaving will present to them! It will be a wonderful mix of friends, family, neighbours and whomever else shows up!
As I've said before, this is a very exciting time in our families life and I hope that lots of people can come to share in the excitement!

No comments: