Saturday, August 25, 2007

We just finished our Park family garage sale. I used to love doing garage sales with my parents when I was a little one, but I have been working every saturday since high school, so I haven't been around for one in AGES. Today I was.
We sold so much stuff, and for so cheap. Speaking of cheap, that's the only word to describe most garage salers.
At garage sales, there's a lot of junk, but there's also a LOT of good shit that people just want to be rid of. We sold a fully functioning 18-speed bike for 35$, my guitar with the case for 55$ (the case alone is easily worth 60-70$). But no matter how good of a deal these are, people will almost always try and bargain.
Anyway, the biggest reason for the garage sale was to try and get rid of as much of my old stuff as possible, and I think we were successful!
Before the garage sale, it forced me to go through a lot of my stuff and decide to pack, store, or sell it. Now I think I am in a better position to just pack up what I need and go.
After all, I only have 4 more full days left in the city before I move! And I do think it will take about that much time to get ready...

I was productive yesterday- I bought new jeans and I delivered all the paperwork I needed to get filled out in Winnipeg for my student loan document. I knew that if I didn't get that done before I left, I never would.

No comments: