Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good-bye Winnipeg!

Well, the time is finally here. When I wake up, I will showering and then heading out the door, en route to London. I won't have time to blog, so I might as well do it now!
My last few days in Winnipeg have been delightful. My going away dinner was nice - a good assortment of people from different eras of my life. I spent my last evening with my wonderful friend Fiona, who I will miss terribly. Luckily, she was strong and didn't cry, as that would have started me crying as well.
This afternoon we packed everything into the trunk of the car. There is a fair amount of stuff to go in the back seat of the car as well, so it will be a cozy road trip. It was intense to put everything I am taking with me into one trunk. Also intense to know that I've been really detailed in my packing, so I know that I have everything I will need and, even if I don't, I can get anything I will need where I am going.
Just like when my sister moved away... my old computer room/office has been transformed into a new room for my mother. Heather's old room became a 'sitting room' and mine has become a 'tea room'. It's mildly delightful, but annoying in as much as she was nagging me to clean that room so she could redecorate rather than helping with the other, more pressing move.
I should probably get to sleep, although I have the feeling that excitement will prevent me from having a suitably restful sleep.
It might be a while before I post again. Once we move into the new apartment, we'll have to figure out how to get phone and internet service; nevermind the meetings, shopping, and organizing I will have to keep me busy upon my arrival. I'm not even sure of when classes start, but I have a feeling that a few weeks will have passed before I have my bearings about me. But more likely than not, I will find a way to blog in the midst of it all. For now, I will leave you with this:

Goodbye Winnipeg. I will miss you. You have been my home for a lifetime and will remain as such in my heart. Almost the entirety of the memories in my head involve you; almost the entirety of my friends are connected to you; almost the entirety of my life, my being, my existence has taken place within your borders. I will miss you and the people you house. I look forward to the days when I return to you with new perspective and experiences so that I can better appreciate you.

I make it sound so dramatic... but for shit's sake, I'm gonna be back in a few months' time for Christmas and such.
But for now,
Toodles!

3 comments:

Jonathan Evans said...

Hooray! Now I have one less reason to visit Winnipeg! haha. Enjoy London!

Michael Park said...

yay... I think
I view it as more inspiration for you to explore the less westerly regions of Canada... but I'm sure you won't be back to Canada for a while at least.

Anonymous said...

I did cry.