Sunday, August 26, 2007

Today was the end of my last weekend in Winnipeg. I didn't really think about it or make a big deal about it, in fact it just hit me tonight. I'd been drawing out the goodbyes for months now, but I realized tonight that other than my farewell party on Tuesday, this is the home stretch - these are the last times I'm going to be seeing Winnipeg people.
I spent a good deal of time this evening with three friends that I've gone to university with for four years. We've gone out many times and had good conversations, laughed a lot, and made beautiful music with one another.
As we walked through some of downtown, it hit me that I'm actually leaving. While I've been openly and truly excited about leaving and the wonderful things I'm going to learn and experience, the other part hit me tonight: it is sad to leave people behind.
2 of those friends will more than likely be at my going away party, but Chris has to work at the farm, so he might not be able to come in -which I completely understand, it's busy season on the farm. As I hugged him, I realized that it might be for the last time in a long time. With Chris, every time you see him, there is usually a hug involved. I would be lying if I said that my eyes weren't tearing up as I walked to my car.

Packing... gah! It's getting there. My goal for tomorrow will be to get everything out of my upstairs office room and into boxes, with the exception of my computer which will be a last minute deal. Once that is out of the way, it's just a matter of putting everything in one place and seeing how I can most efficiently pack everything

No comments: