Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I called my cell phone provider today to ask about canceling my phone. I have been out of contract for a few months now, meaning that I've kept the same rate but not locked in. At one point I was just going to call and cancel it for the end of the month, but I'm not completely sure about if I will be getting a landline. Long story short, the lady was super helpful. My service is currently set up to be canceled on the 6'th of September. If I call before that, I can cancel the cancellation and keep my same plan with an Ontario number.
Talking about options.. It might be cheaper to just do pay as you go which could work out closer to 10/15$ per month rather than over 30 that I'm paying now. But, because I'm planning on canceling, if I decide to stay on with them, they offered me 50% off the first 3 months of a new plan.
Hopefully my roommate and I will split a voice over IP phone for super-cheap and I can just cancel my cell phone and not worry about anything. I bought a watch recently, so I don't even need my cellphone as a clock anymore.

Tomorrow is my last day at the ballet, ever. I'm excited. Today I got my framed poster signed by some of my co-workers. I wish that it was signed by more people, but it's hard to get people to do things during the summer. Nevertheless, the poster looks fabulous and there are many a kind word written to and about me on the matte. I got to choose whichever poster I wanted from many many in the ballet publicity office. I ended up choosing one for Carmina Burana which I sang both as a child in the Winnipeg Boy's Choir and with the University Singers more recently... but the poster I have is from 2002, before I even started with the ballet, and not the time I sang with UM in 2004. Oopsie, but it's a marvelous poster. It's huge and takes up too much space, so it won't be coming with me to London, at least not right away.

2 comments:

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk said...

will you show us here the poster?

Michael Park said...

I suppose I could... I'll get working on that!