Monday, August 27, 2007

Today, we gathered everything that I'm taking with me and my dad decided that it would fit in the trunk easily enough. My parents had contemplated buying a roof rack so that we could strap any extra stuff to the roof, but I don't think we need to. I am a bit of a control freak / packing crazy man whereas my mother tends to overwrap everything and make sure that nothing could even come close to possibly breaking. My way of ensuring things don't break is that everything should be stuffed with other things and jammed so tightly with everything else that nothing can move or jostle, thus nothing breaks.
Don't think I'm crazy, glass and breakables are amply padded, but why waste valuable bubble wrap when I have so many ties and knitted items which have to be packed anyway, they might as well serve as protective packaging. The difference: my mother had carefully put all my kitchen stuff into 2 boxes. I took everything and fit the majority of it into the microwave. One of the pots which was in a box became another means of packaging. I fit 4 mugs, shot glasses, cutlery and spice shakers into the pot. Knitted mittens served to protect the glass and keep everything snuggly in place.
I finally got to talk to someone at Manitoba Health today. They sent me a PDF of the form I need to send in to get reimbursed for prescriptions. I filled out most of the information so all I will need to do is attach the Rx receipts, sign and date the bottom, and then send the form in. He told me that the whole process from me sending it in to getting a cheque shouldn't take more than a week.
I also went to my pharmacy to order as much as I could for the next few months at least. They reminded me that I will need to get a prescription from an Ontario doctor, cause they won't recognize the one from Manitoba.

2 comments:

Mai said...

hey michael,
enjoy your last moment in winnipeg....!
you will be so busy fitting into new life and will not have any time to think back when you move on....! you won't be sad! but it will hit you once you are settled in..... i've been there many many times in the past.....

Michael Park said...

Thanks Mai!